- 31-Mar-2013 to 30-Aug-2013 (EST)
- York, PA, USA
- $22.51/hr + SD
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, 401K, Vacation, Life Insurance, Variable Comp. Bonus
Magnesita is a private company, with mixed capital, devoted to mining, production and marketing of a broad range of refractory materials. More than 13 thousand different types are produced, from monolithic materials and conventional bricks to high technology ceramics for lining equipments that operate at high temperatures. The products are mainly used by steel, cement and glass manufacturers. Currently, the company operates 28 industrial and mining units, 16 of them in Brazil, 3 in Germany, 3 in China, 1 in the US, 2 in France, 1 in Belgium, 1 in Taiwan, and 1 in Argentina; with a total refractory production capacity of more than 1.4 million tons a year. Magnesita is the third largest producer of refractory products in the world and a leader in integrated solutions with refractory products.
Magnesita Refractories Company, US manufactures and distributes an array of dolomite-based refractory products to steel mills, cement operations, and other third party customers in North America. In addition to its manufacturing operations, Magnesita US serves as a distributor for refractory products manufactured by other Magnesita facilities in South America and Europe.
SHIFT: 2nd & 3rd Shifts including some weekends
GENERAL: This role will support the entire plant; must be able to work independently and is self motivated. They will provide overall Electrical and Mechanical support to all areas of the facility in order to minimize equipment/process downtime through effective troubleshooting of problems and preventative maintenance; all while ensuring the safe operation of all equipment/tools. This is an industrial environment and the ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work in various positions standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and climbing stairs/ladders, as well as work in various weather conditions is required. All candidates must be at least 18 years of Age and have a High School Diploma or a GED.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment as necessary (Hydraulic Presses, Conveyors, Mixing machines, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems throughout the operation to minimize downtime.
- Support Robotic Control Systems.
- Understand and write ladder logic programs.
- Understand and utilize High Voltage equipment, Microprocessor equip., thermocouples, and RTD's.
- Assist in the implementation of capital projects
- Participate in the improvements of plant equipment to maximize productivity.
- Train others on acquired knowledge of equipment
- Ensure accurate completion of all necessary paperwork and/or documentation including PM forms, Time log, Baan work orders, Inventory system, etc.
- 3 – 5 Years experience in an Industrial Environment
- Must possess strong Electrical, Mechanical and Analytical aptitude.
- Prior Industrial Electrical experience required!
- Ability to multi task and prioritize workload and problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Prior experience welding (Stick and Mig)
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Must have equipment repair experience (Gearbox, Power Transmission, Conveyors, and Bearings).
- Must possess the ability to work independent and make decisions without direct supervision
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!