- 31-Aug-2012 to 28-Feb-2013 (EST)
- York, PA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance, Vacation, Variable Compensation Bonus Program
Magnesita is a private company, with mixed capital, devoted to mining, production and marketing of a broad range of refractory materials. More than 13 thousand different types are produced, from monolithic materials and conventional bricks to high technology ceramics for lining equipments that operate at high temperatures. The products are mainly used by steel, cement and glass manufacturers. Currently, the company operates 28 industrial and mining units, 16 of them in Brazil, 3 in Germany, 3 in China, 1 in the US, 2 in France, 1 in Belgium, 1 in Taiwan, and 1 in Argentina; with a total refractory production capacity of more than 1.4 million tons a year. Magnesita is the third largest producer of refractory products in the world and a leader in integrated solutions with refractory products.
Magnesita Refractories Company, US manufactures and distributes an array of dolomite-based refractory products to steel mills, cement operations, and other third party customers in North America. In addition to its manufacturing operations, Magnesita US serves as a distributor for refractory products manufactured by other Magnesita facilities in South America and Europe.
HIRE RATE: $17.56 Per Hour Probationary Rate / $20.22 Per Hour After 90 days
SHIFT: 12 hour Shifts – Nights 6pm to 6am including every other weekend.
GENERAL: Safely operates all equipment used in the production/processing of fired and tempered brick. Follow work instructions for inspecting and packaging of brick. Requires some labor intensive hand stacking of brick. This is an industrial environment and the ability to lift 20-50 lbs repetitively is required. We operate in a self-directed work team culture that practices peer appraisal and accountability. Participation and contribution to the team's efforts is expected. All candidates must be at least 18 years of Age and have a High School Diploma or a GED.
• Operate the Lingl unloading equipment.
• Operate and adjust cascade equipment for coating brick.
• Unload Bickley kiln cars.
• Operate fired sizing lines – including setup of conveyor and robot.
• Operate and adjust cement brick process line – including setup of conveyor and robot.
• Packaging of resin brick from tempering racks.
• Operate Automated Resin Packaging Cell.
• Drilling tuyere brick.
• Troubleshoot various line operations.
• Palletizing/boxing of accessory products.
• Jockey of supplies, in process brick and finished product for production lines.
• Wrapping of finished product according to wrapping configurations.
• Follow work instructions for all production lines
• Follow scrap guidelines.
• Accuracy of production, finished goods, and scrap entries in computer.
• Properly fill out production reports.
• Maintain established R/Es for production lines
• Safe and efficient operation of forklift.
• Inform supervisor of unsafe conditions, acts and equipment.
• Retrieve, store and return adequate supplies/materials to proper locations.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!